The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department issues concealed firearms permits in accordance with NRS 202.3653 – 202.369.
Concealed Firearm Permits are valid for a period of 5 years and can be renewed for additional 5 year periods.
A permit holder must carry the permit together with proper identification whenever they are in actual possession of the concealed firearm(s). The permit and proper identification must be presented to a peace officer upon request. Failure to produce the permit and proper identification carry a civil penalty of $25.00.
Carrying a concealed firearm without a permit is punishable by a category C felony.
Any person who meets the following criteria may apply to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department for a concealed firearm permit:
- A Nevada resident of Clark County
- An out-of-state resident who received firearms training in Clark County.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Not prohibited from possessing a firearm by State or Federal law.
- Successfully completes an approved firearms course in Clark County (paid for by applicant).
- Pays the appropriate fees
A detailed instruction sheet will accompany the application package with a list of approved firearms instructors for courses and weapon qualification. Applications can be downloaded from the following link: CCW Application or picked up from any LVMPD substation. Click: Find Nearest Area Command for the location nearest you.
All completed applications must be submitted in person at the Fingerprint Bureau of the LVMPD.
Individuals/Businesses interested in becoming authorized instructors may download the Instructors Application and return the completed packet as noted in the directions.
We have two locations to serve you that are open from Monday - Friday (excluding holidays), 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
5880 Cameron St.
Las Vegas, NV 89118
(Cameron Street and Russell Road)
400 S. Martin Luther King Blvd, Bldg. C
Las Vegas, NV 89106
(Martin Luther King Blvd. and Alta)
You may call us during normal business hours at 702-828-3271. After a brief recorded message, an operator can assist you with questions that may not be addressed here.
The fees are as follows:
1. New Application -- $98.25
2. Renewal Application -- $63.25
3. Late Renewal Application -- $78.25
4. Renewal Application (more than 120 days late) -- $98.25
5. Name Change -- $25.00
6. Duplicate Permit/Late Fee/Address Change -- $15.00
7. Additional Fingerprint Cards For Out Of State Applications $14.00 For The First Card, $2.00 For Each Additional Card
Fees may be paid by credit/debit cards, cash, money order or cashier’s check.