The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department issues concealed firearms permits in accordance with NRS 202.3653 – 202.369.
Concealed Firearm Permits are valid for a period of 5 years and can be renewed for additional 5 year periods.
A permit holder must carry the permit together with proper identification whenever they are in actual possession of the concealed firearm(s). The permit and proper identification must be presented to a peace officer upon request. Failure to produce the permit and proper identification carry a civil penalty of $25.00.
Any person who meets the following criteria may apply to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department for a concealed firearm permit:
- If you are a Nevada resident, you must be a resident of Clark County.
- An out-of-state resident who received firearms training in Clark County.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to lawfully possess a firearm.
- Successfully completes an approved firearms course in Clark County (paid for by applicant).
- Pays the appropriate fees.
You are ineligible to obtain a CCW if:
- You are under 21 years of age.
- You do not provide the required documentation to demonstrate competence with a firearm.
- You are a fugitive from justice.
- You have been judicially declared mentally incompetent or insane.
- You have been admitted to a mental health facility within the last 5 years.
- You have habitually used intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance to the extent that your normal faculties are impaired, including DUI convictions within five previous years and Medical Marijuana Patients.
- You have been convicted of a crime involving the use, or threatened use of force or violence, including misdemeanor convictions, within the last three (3) years.
- You have been convicted of a felony.
- You have been convicted of a crime involving domestic violence or stalking, or you are currently subject to a restraining order or other order of protection against violence.
- You are currently on parole or probation.
- You have been, within the preceding five (5) years, subject to any requirements imposed by a court as a condition to:
- - Withholding the entry of judgment for your conviction of a felony, or
- - Suspension of your sentence for the conviction of a felony, or
- - Indictment by a Grand Jury.
- You have made a false statement on any application.
- You were dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces.
- You are not lawfully admitted into or are no longer lawfully within the United States.
- You are prohibited from possessing a firearm under state and federal law, city and/or county ordinances.
All completed applications must be submitted in person at the Fingerprint Bureau of the LVMPD.
Individuals/Businesses interested in becoming authorized instructors may download the Instructors Application and return the completed packet as noted in the directions.
We are open from Monday - Friday (excluding holidays), 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
400 S. Martin Luther King Blvd, Bldg. C
Las Vegas, NV 89106
(Martin Luther King Blvd. and Alta)
You may call us during normal business hours at 702-828-3271. After a brief recorded message, an operator can assist you with questions that may not be addressed here.
The fees are as follows:
1. New Application -- $96.25
2. Renewal Application -- $61.25
3. Late Renewal Application -- $76.25
4. Renewal Application (more than 120 days late) -- $96.25
5. Name Change -- $25.00
6. Duplicate Permit/Late Fee/Address Change -- $15.00
7. Additional Fingerprint Cards For Out Of State Applications $14.00 For The First Card, $2.00 For Each Additional Card
Fees may be paid by credit/debit cards, cash, money order or cashier’s check.