Run. Hide. Fight.
Do you know what to do in the event of an active shooter? The "Run. Hide. Fight.®" video provides the information you need to survive an active shooter event.
The City of Houston Mayor’s Office of Public Safety and Homeland Security produced the informational video Run.Hide.Fight. The video encourages citizens to evaluate the situation and:
- Run if a safe path is available. Always try and escape or evacuate even if others insist on staying.
- Encourage others to leave with you but don’t let the indecision of others slow down your own effort to escape.
- Once you are out of the line of fire, try to prevent others from walking into the danger zone and call 9-1-1.
- If you can’t get out safely, find a place to hide.
- When hiding, turn out lights, remember to lock doors and silence your ringer and vibration mode on your cell phone
- As a last resort, working together or alone, act with aggression, use improvised weapons and fight.