Police Records, located at 400 S. Martin L. King Blvd, will be CLOSED for business on March 1, 2016 due to remodeling.
You may acquire a copy of your background check (SCOPE record) for the following purposes:
- Immigration purposes
- Military enlistment
- Personal use
- Sealing your records
You MUST bring a proper, VALID (NOT EXPIRED) government-issued photo identification such as:
- Any state Driver’s License or State Identification issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Military Identification
- Passport - with valid date and Visa stamp, if applicable
- Resident Alien Card issued by INS or a Matricula card
Identification documents that CANNOT be used and will not be accepted:
- School identification
- Health cards
- Work cards
- Employment identification
- Employment badges
Your background check (SCOPE Record) will cost $9.00 payable by:
- Cashier’s check made payable to Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
- Money order made payable to Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
There is an ATM in the Lobby area of Police Records Bureau. LVMPD is not responsible for any fees incurred for using the ATM.
WARRANT NOTE: Please be advised that if you come to Police Records Bureau to acquire your background check and you currently have outstanding warrants, of any type, you run the risk of being arrested. If you believe you have an outstanding warrant, please contact the appropriate judicial entity and have it resolved prior to appearing at the Police Records Bureau. Click here to access links for the local judicial systems, or click this link to go directly to www.clarkcountycourts.us. If you are not sure which Court may have your case, you may have to check with all courts.
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department provides the links in this section for informational purposes only. LVMPD is not responsible for the content on these sites and has no control as to whether a site is kept up to date.
You may also submit your request for a Background Check in writing using the PDF form here: Request for Background
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
Attn: Correspondence Section
400 S. Martin Luther King Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89106
include the following with your written request or your request will be returned to you without any action having taken place:
*The notarized authorization is a copy of your identification which has been acknowledged by a licensed notary and stamped with his or her valid (not expired) notary seal indicating that they have viewed your original license and signature.
Go back to Services We Provide
- A photocopy of your valid (not expired) government-issued photo identification
- Original notarized authorization*
- $9.00 cashier’s check or money order, payable to Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
- Please do NOT send cash or personal checks