Obtaining Copies of Your Accident, Crime Reports and Background Checks
Certain reports and records are available at area commands via credit or debit card payment only; cash is not accepted. Area commands may provide copies of the following:
- Background Checks to the owner of the record only. For example, you can only obtain a background check for yourself.
- Incident Crime Reports to victims of a crime only.
- Traffic Accident Reports to owner of the record only. For example, if you were a driver or pedestrian involved in an accident or the registered owner of a vehicle involved in a traffic accident.
All other request for reports or records are provided by the Records and Fingerprint Bureau located at 400 S Martin Luther King Blvd, Building C, Las Vegas NV 89106.
What you MUST bring with you to obtain copies of your reports:
For you as the victim listed in the report: You MUST have a valid (not expired) government-issued photo identification which proves you are entitled to the report or registered owner of the vehicle listed in the report.
For a juvenile or dependent: you MUST bring a copy of his/her birth certificate or guardianship paperwork issued to you by Family Court Services. These requests are handled by the Records and Fingerprint Bureau.
For an incapacitated friend or family member: the friend or family member MUST authorize their report to be released to you by filling out the PDF form letter below. These requests are handled by the Records and Fingerprint Bureau.
Authorization to Obtain Police Report
Your report will cost $9.00 payable by:
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover)
- Debit Card
- Cashier’s check made payable to Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
- Money order made payable to Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
Eligibility of documents depends on case status or the type of case. Specific types of reports require other forms or documents prior to being released. These reports may take longer or require more than one visit before they can be released to you. Examples of some of these reports may be:
- Homicide reports
- Sexual Assault reports
- Child Abuse/Neglect reports
- Dead Body reports
- Fatal Accidents
Go back to Services We Provide